Saturday, May 2, 2015

Saturday Matinee – Cav und Pag mit Kaufmann

Several fans have posted this performance on the TOOB. This is the cleanest transfer I've seen so far, and they're both together in one file. I've always been more partial to Cav. Couldn't someone pair it with something like Gianni Schicci or another fluffier piece? 

But the opportunity to see/hear JK in both roles is hard to pass up. I confess I haven't sat through the whole double feature yet. (I had to re-watch the blue kool-aid Cosi first!) Maybe today's the day for Cav/Pag. Happy Saturday Matinee everyone!




Update 02/08/2018: because opera fugit, the Cav has disappeared; but Pag has shown up again. Here it is:



And here's the beginning of a playlist with some clips from Cav: 


2 comments:

  1. Good call on Cav and Gianni Schicchi! I would go see that pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I am impressed!
    Very useful information specifically the final phase :) I care for such info a lot.
    I used to be seeking this certain info for a long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...