Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Greetings! I realize I've been absent from the bologosphere a lot lately. But I’m still watching and listening and thinking about opera. I’m just not writing about it so much lately. I have thoughts about Norma and the Exterminating Angel from the Met; Calixto Bieto’s ToscaIl trittico from the Bavarian Opera; that crazy Carmen from Aix last summer; the new Bergman-based opera written for Anne Sofie von Otter; and odd, vague tweets from opera singers. 

And I will get back to writing about these things...soon!  Meanwhile, here are some of my past Christmastide posts.

9 comments:

  1. What odd vague tweets from opera singers, now I'm dying to know. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought he was referring to Guth's La Boheme on a space ship, but after going down the chain and doing some research, looks like he means Christoph Waltz's Falstaff at Opera Vlaanderen: https://operaballet.be/en/programme/2017-2018/falstaff I have no idea why the Flemish opera keeps giving Waltz opera directing jobs, when there are so many other people available who were actually trained for it and love opera...

      Delete
    2. I am curious about that Guth Boheme... sounds pretty out there even for him!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lydia! And Happy New Year! This one: https://twitter.com/roseandfriends/status/944730393508548608

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to post under here... Your Captcha is very exacting, took me a few attempts, and then I managed to post it under my own comment. Google vs WordPress, aka the Quiet War.

      Delete
    2. I’ll try deactivating the security thing. I was getting royally spammed for a while there!

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas, Rob! Looking forward to your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Greetings to you both, stray and dehggial!

      Delete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...